Traveling, performing, making, dressing and more...

April and everything after



My performance is finished

My mind is free of opinion

I had amazing Peruvian Lobster Paella last night

Going to a surprise birthday party tonight

Maybe I'll bring Bulooms

A last weekend my store Houndstooth had an opening for my friends Matthew and Logans "Breathing Wall" installation that they put in the loft area of the store.


Each plastic piece was painstakingly melted together individually. Behind the plastic are 5 fans that all move at different speeds and times creating a "breath" like movement.


Matthew's parent were in town as well. It was great to finally meet the parents of such a nice young man. They were so nice and his dad loved my French Lavender Martinis I made.


On Monday Michael and I went to Elizabeth, New Jersey where we buy a lot of our pieces for the store. It's a huge rag house with it's own vintage area.


My "searching" outfit. I'm a pro.

It normally takes us about 3 hours to sort through everything we want. This time I went through the housewares section. The pile was about 8 feet tall and I went through the whole thing. It was pretty awesome. Now i have a bunch of picnic blankets to sell.

A tradition of ours after shopping is to go to a Italian Mafia owned restaurant called "Torno a Sorrento". It's a little expensive, but not as expensive as NYC. Anyway, it was closed so we discovered a new mafia owned restaurant down the street. And as you walk in there is this photo to greet you.


Don't really know who the man is, but he's awesome. Why can't my hair do that?

Then we met up with our crew over at Dennis's place. Dennis is one of our closest friends and an aspiring chef. He even quit is very well paying job to pursue his dream and now works in a Vietnamese restaurant learning the ropes. It's great because he cooks for us, like this evening. He made us Pho (pronounced Fuh I think) a traditional Vietnamese soup. It was excellent. But then again, everything that Dennis makes is excellent.


Hanging out with our crew normally means a competition to ee who is the best at some video game called "Puzzle fighter". I never play, I don't like video games, but Michael is supposedly the best player. He's like a dark horse. so quiet but so deadly.





A couple nights before all this other stuff went down i had a date with my favorite person James Morrison. He took me to a couple of openings, one at the Swiss Institute and another at the New Museum (where he sells his silk screened bags) for the Paul Chan exhibit. PLEASE GO SEE THIS SHOW, it was pretty solid.

James wore a blazer that he bought from Houndstooth. Doesn't he look so handsome?



It's made of a raw silk blend. One of my favorite blazers in the store.
Here he is posing with his friend Solange, who's a painter.

These are Solanges friends, they were sweet.

Outside of the New Museum...and on the terrace...






This lady wore an orange suit. Not my taste, but she gets points for trying something different.

The front and back of a curator at PS1. I have no shame.



The Paul Chan show. So good. So so so good.






While we were walking around the museum buzzed from the free alcohol we ran into this drawing of a penis. James liked it so much, because he likes wieners.


He really likes them.....here he is trying to catch a falling wiener....


I think he's thinking about them in this photo....

Who loves wieners?? JAMES DOES!!


Here's our date photo.


Me solo.


Some Paul Chan drawings. I didn't know he made drawings, I thought he just made video pieces, goes to show me that I don't know everything.



And there you have it. My weeks. A post coming soon of my performance this past Thursday and a short video I shot of Paul Chan's work. I need to "You Tube" it all, but it's too pretty of day to stay in doors. So now I go outside and play.

WHEN AND WHERE I'LL BE 2010

May 15 2010

Brecht Forum with Gene Coleman

Brooklyn, New York, US



May 18 2010

Outpost 186, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Boston, Massachusetts, US



May 19 2010

Strange, May 2010 Tour with Seeded Plain

Portland, Maine


May 20 2010

L’Envers, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Montreal, Quebec, CA



May 21 2010

May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Toronto, CA



May 22 2010

Dreamland Theater, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Detroit, Michigan



May 23 2010

Robinwood Concert House, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Toledo, Ohio


May 25 2010

Enemy, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Chicago, Illinois


May 26 2010

Sugar Maple, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Milwaukee, WI


May 27 2010

The Ritz Theater, May Tour 2010 w/ Seeded Plain

Minneapolis, MN



May 28 2010

Ames
Progressive, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Ames, Iowa



May 29 2010

Bemis Center, MAY 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Omaha, Nebraska



May 30 2010

Clawfoot House, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Lincoln, Nebraska



Jun 13 2010

Whitebox Gallery

NYC, New York



Jul 1 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Marina Rosenfeld

NYC, New York



Jul 2 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 3 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 4 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 9 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Marina Rosenfeld

NYC, New York



Jul 11 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Alan Licht and Lee Ranaldo

NYC, New York

HOUNDSTOOTH ON FADER TV