Traveling, performing, making, dressing and more...

If I had to leave, I would miss the wind.

Sorry, been listening to Anthony and the Johnsons too much. But if I did go I would miss the wind. Some of my best times involved some kind of magical, earthly wind. 

Before the holidays hit I met up with one of my main collaborators Thomas Dexter, and his girl Heather, an amazing multi-media artist. 

Here's Thomas giving his cat Ralphee the "stink eye":


Michael and I brought fresh blackberries and cranberries and smashed them, then mixed them with rum and ginger ale.  It was amazing.






Houndstooth: Winter

some new pieces that are/ were in the store. As soon as I took these photos of a majority of these items sold...like that day...it was so weird....

A brushed flannel top from the 1940's that Michael found while in Galveston, Texas:


An amazing "Winnie the Pooh" parka from the BBC WARDROBE-  Deparment Sale in London.



A bright red Hudson Bay parka with a hood and toggle details. Sold right after I took this.



The savage Inca side of me wanting to keep male head trophies:



Folk:

Tribal, I guess, I don't care really, I love him and his matching brother:




James Morrison's "Man reaching Out" (that's not the title, that's just what I call him) for some hot riding boots from the 30's:


Ties: (half of them are sold now)

A very small fitted short military blazer found in Galveston. It's so much more elegant in person:

A French Military Blazer found in Galveston. This is virgin vintage (never sold, never worn). It's a deeper blue than pictured:









And the Pièce de résistance!!!!
A VIRGIN VINTAGE French Military Cape, 100% wool, silver-coated buttons, over-sized hood.



It's so sinister. I makes me feel weird when I stare at it for too long....

Here's a Scottish Kilt found at the BBC Wardrobe Deparment Sale in London:


Dustin, our furniture buyer at Houndstooth and interior consultant, had a private going away dinner at his place:



He baked a ham. O.M.G.






Dinner at my loft. You jealous?





In the Fashion District looking for a parking spot. 



At Beckenstein's, a men's fabric store on 39th St., searching for water resistant fabrics for our next Houndstooth piece. A rain poncho that is bicycle friendly. More info TBA:


Got to watch Thomas Bullock of Rub 'n' Tug DJ an amazing set. One of the best sets I have ever heard. Period. If you ever get a chance to hear him mix then do it. I don't care if you can't, so it anyway. You will never regret it.



and he dressed well too...


It's snowing outside....
I think this will be a cover of something. I just don't know what yet. 




goodnight or good morning.

WHEN AND WHERE I'LL BE 2010

May 15 2010

Brecht Forum with Gene Coleman

Brooklyn, New York, US



May 18 2010

Outpost 186, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Boston, Massachusetts, US



May 19 2010

Strange, May 2010 Tour with Seeded Plain

Portland, Maine


May 20 2010

L’Envers, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Montreal, Quebec, CA



May 21 2010

May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Toronto, CA



May 22 2010

Dreamland Theater, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Detroit, Michigan



May 23 2010

Robinwood Concert House, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Toledo, Ohio


May 25 2010

Enemy, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Chicago, Illinois


May 26 2010

Sugar Maple, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Milwaukee, WI


May 27 2010

The Ritz Theater, May Tour 2010 w/ Seeded Plain

Minneapolis, MN



May 28 2010

Ames
Progressive, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Ames, Iowa



May 29 2010

Bemis Center, MAY 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Omaha, Nebraska



May 30 2010

Clawfoot House, May 2010 Tour w/ Seeded Plain

Lincoln, Nebraska



Jun 13 2010

Whitebox Gallery

NYC, New York



Jul 1 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Marina Rosenfeld

NYC, New York



Jul 2 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 3 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 4 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Elliot Sharp

NYC, New York



Jul 9 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Marina Rosenfeld

NYC, New York



Jul 11 2010

Whitney Museum, Christian Marclay Retrospective w/ Alan Licht and Lee Ranaldo

NYC, New York

HOUNDSTOOTH ON FADER TV